- About us
- COVID-19 Mythbusting
- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Mythbusting
- News & Events
- Quality Improvement
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
Grants & Awards
- Available grants & awards
- Previous grants & awards
- Other funders
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
- Support us
Our new course on Benchmarking is coming soon!
In the meantime, you can sign up for our other CPD Courses. This link will open in a new window and require registration.
Tools to assist in benchmarking
A simple audit for practices to share their data anonymously to establish UK benchmarks in post-operative complications rates for neutering of small animals.
A registry for the surgical management of Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture in UK canines. The registry provides feedback to clinicians in order to evaluate which surgical techniques and implants lead to improved patient outcomes and minimised complications.
An audit freely available to all, run by the University of Liverpool’s Small Animal Veterinary Surveillance Network (SAVSNET) for UK practices to share their data anonymously to establish benchmarks for antibiotic prescription rates for small animal patients. Data can be from an individual practitioner, a branch practice, or from the whole practice group.
Benchmarking case examples
This award winning case example shows how post-operative neutering complications were monitored using the National Audit for Small animal Neutering via vetAUDIT.org. Complications were cut down by half by assessing hygiene and post operative care guidelines. Louise Northway VNCert(ECC) NCert(Anaesth) RVN became a Knowledge Champion for the second year running due to her work on this continuous quality improvement cycle [PDF 781KB] (Published March 2020).