- About us
- News & Events
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
- Quality Improvement
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
Grants & Awards
- Available grants & awards
- Previous grants & awards
- Other funders
- Support us
Past RCVS office holders and Council Members
The presidential team of the RCVS comprises the President and two Vice-Presidents. All three sit on the Operational Board, together with the Treasurer, CEO, Registrar and chair of the Veterinary Nurses Council and Education and Standards Committees.
By custom, one Vice-President generally becomes President the next year, and the retiring President becomes the second Vice-President, although this does not always happen. The position of Treasurer is normally held for three years.
Many prominent veterinary surgeons have served on the presidential team and Council over the years. Full lists can be downloaded from the ‘Related documents’ box.
For more information about the current RCVS Council and its presidentail team, visit the RCVS website.