- About us
- News & Events
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
- Quality Improvement
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
- Grants & Awards
- Support us
Available grants & awards
Knowledge Awards: Quality Improvement in Practice
We are delighted to bring you the Knowledge Awards for 2018/19, this year focused on quality improvement (QI).
As well as tickets to an upcoming RCVS Knowledge event, individual winners will be rewarded with a plaque pronouncing them ‘Knowledge Champion’, while one practice will scoop our practice of the year award.
In previous years we have recognised outstanding members of the veterinary community who have worked towards the advancement and improvement of veterinary care.
We continue to support lifelong learning by awarding bursaries to events, and funding for new research that furthers the veterinary profession.
We feel that our colleagues in the veterinary world should be recognised for the work they are currently doing, what they have done in the past and what they will do in the future to advance and improve veterinary care.
Successful implementation of QI can reduce avoidable errors, ensures practice is based on the best available evidence and, ultimately, saves lives. By focusing on quality improvement we hope to encourage teams and individuals to start a project in their own practice.
By sharing our stories and our experiences we can showcase the fantastic work already going on in our local veterinary communities and around the world.
All applicants are welcome to opt-in to work with Knowledge to share their experiences in applying QI, be it through featuring on our blog, publishing in our journal Veterinary Evidence, or maybe even presenting at one of our conferences!
When to apply?
Applications are open now (closing date 1st November 2018)!
You can download the application form at the bottom of the page. Applications are welcome from any member of a veterinary practice team, including support staff, nurses, surgeons and all levels of management. You can also submit an application on behalf of a colleague or your entire practice.
If you are interested in introducing a quality improvement initiative to your practice and applying for the Awards at a later date, check out our QI pages to learn more about how you can get started.
What is involved?
Applicants will be asked to show how:
- QI has been used and had an impact in practice
- Practices/individuals have directly contributed to the promotion of QI in practice, providing support for others to begin using QI
- Practices/individuals have supported the development of a culture of continuous improvement
- Individuals have improved excellence in care as a result of QI
- Projects have directly supported practitioners and nurses in developing and using evidence-based approaches
- Practices have improved clinical and/or financial effectiveness
- Activities have increased the efficiency of a practice, by reviewing processes and streamlining services