- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
The primary role of the Library is to assist new graduates embarking on their Professional Development Phase (PDP), as well as vets and veterinary nurses keeping up with their CPD requirements.
We do this by offering subsidised Library membership scheme which offers a range of benefits, including access to a range of full text electronic journals and VetMed Resource, a bibliographic database on veterinary medicine.
Where to start with EBVM
- EBVM Learning - an online tutorial
- EBVM Toolkit - to help busy practitioners answer a clinical question with the best available evidence
- EBVM resources
- Journal Clubs - Join a journal club or start one in your practice
- for advice on how to set up and running a journal club in practice [PDF 2401 KB]
- for suggested materials and guidance on how to assess published papers
Services we offer
- Subscribe to our subject alert services and receive the latest bibliographic references and abstracts on your subject of interest
- inFOCUS - a journal watch service. Subscribe to have the latest updates sent directly to your inbox in a bi-monthly email containing the summaries - including the bottom line for implementation in practice - plus the option to read the original articles
- in the Spotlight - On a bi-monthly basis we choose a topic to be in the Spotlight where we gather articles, information sources and references retrieved from CABAbstracts database that you may find useful
- Article requests and postal loans
Guides to making the most of our resources
We have put together a range of guides, for example, how to acknowledge sources with the Harvard system of referencing, and guides on improving your search results on our Discovery platform. These guides are available to download from the 'Related documents' box.
If you require more assistance, Library staff are always available over the phone. Please contact the Library on 020 7202 0752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Literature searching workshop
We offer workshops on a one-to-one basis to show you how to use our range of electronic resources, searching techniques and how to construct searching strategies.
Please contact us at to arrange a time suitable to you.
If you are unable to come in to the library, we can arrange to deliver the workshop online.