- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Knowledge Awards: Quality Improvement Champions
The Knowledge Awards showcase QI implementation, and the individuals and teams that have driven improvement within the profession.
The award is open to anyone who works within the veterinary industry; including those from a practice setting and educators and learners from under- and post-graduate education.
“Winning an RCVS Knowledge Champion Award and being given the chance to celebrate our success has been a huge part of helping us to bond as a team"
Lesley Moore: Vets Now Macclesfield Champion Practice 2019
All applicants are encouraged to work with Knowledge to share their experiences in applying QI, be it through our blog, publishing in our journal Veterinary Evidence, or maybe even presenting at a conference!
Applications and Nominations can be submitted by individuals or teams. If your application/nomination is successful, the applicant/nominee will become a Knowledge Champion and will receive a £250 prize.
The successful applicant/nominee will also be invited to attend an awards ceremony and will be reimbursed up to £200 towards reasonable travel costs to attend the event at which this ceremony is held. If a winning application was made for a team – rather than an individual – then a representative from the team will be invited to attend the awards ceremony.
- Previous Knowledge Award Champions
- Find out more about Quality Improvement
- Apply for the Knowledge Awards
Applications for the 2021 Knowledge Awards have now closed. To be the first to find out who will be a 2021 Quality Improvement Champion, sign up for our newsletter.