- About us
- News & Events
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
- Quality Improvement
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
- Grants & Awards
- Support us
Work with us
The following position is available at RCVS Knowledge:
Head of Digital and Communications
We're recruiting an experienced, talented and committed Head of Digital and Communications to develop and deliver our digital and social strategies and our strategic communications programme, to support the improvement in the quality of veterinary care.
RCVS Knowledge advances the use of evidence based veterinary medicine in veterinary practice. We support the thousands of dedicated veterinary professionals in delivering high quality evidence based veterinary medicine to the millions of animals in their care.
Our work focuses on providing and translating accurate and up to date evidence to the front line of veterinary practice. Our supportive approach puts evidence and knowledge into the hands of the vet and vet nurse to improve the quality of care they deliver, through our peer reviewed journal, online quality improvement tools and face to face workshops and podcasts.
Working closely with the Executive Director, this is a pivotal and developing role in our growing charity, and a great opportunity to shape it and make a real difference.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Developing and delivering our digital and social strategies, including the ongoing development of our website, e-learning platform, blog and social media platforms and tools.
- Producing and disseminating high quality, relevant and accessible digital and social content that keeps our members and other stakeholders engaged and up-to-date on evidence based veterinary medicine, quality improvement and veterinary history.
- Commissioning, managing and disseminating research into how people think about different issues and why, and developing and testing new frames and messages that build engagement and support with these programmes of work.
- Supporting the Executive Director to develop and deliver our long-term multi-channel attitudinal change campaigning the use of evidence based veterinary medicine.
- Developing and managing our brand, establishing us as the ‘go-to’ organisation working across evidence based veterinary medicine, quality improvement and veterinary history.
- To lead and manage a team which includes a Web Developer, Communications and Content Officer and external consultants. Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 1:1 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing the team.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience of developing and managing responsive websites, e-learning platforms, blogs, email and social platforms and tools that provide an excellent user experience.
- experience of creating engaging, accessible and effective digital and social content
- knowledge and experience of evidence-based values-led approaches to communications, including the role of framing
- experience of commissioning and using quantitative and qualitative research
We offer flexible working, and a generous benefits package.
Please apply submitting a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday 12 October 2018
Editorial and Production Assistant, Veterinary Evidence
Full Time, perm
The purpose of the Editorial and Production Assistant is to manage multiple manuscripts from submission through to final acceptance, and to provide editorial support to internal and external Editors, authors and reviewers. This position is vital to ensuring content is processed within suitable timeframes. The post will also support the scientific input into RCVS Knowledge’s conferences and will provide assistance with other programmes of work.
Veterinary Evidence (VE) is an online-only, open access veterinary journal owned and published by RCVS Knowledge, the charitable partner of the UK’s Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. It publishes content relating to evidence-based veterinary medicine (EBVM) and its application in veterinary practice.
- Manage multiple manuscripts from submission through to final acceptance
- Perform quality checks on each submission to ensure the correct information has been gathered before processing them through the system
- Ensure that reviews, revisions, and decisions are on schedule by working closely with the Editor-in-chief, Associate Editors, reviewers and authors
- Liaise with and keep authors up-to-date on the status of their paper at each stage
- Ensure that Veterinary Evidence adheres to publication ethics at all stages of the editorial process
- Maintain relationships and handle correspondence with editors, authors and reviewers
- Assist in proofing accepted papers and collate queries and edits from the copyeditors
- Assist the Managing Editor in the creation of galley proofs as and when needed
- Take minutes at annual Editorial board meetings and organise meeting set up
- Work closely with the Managing Editor, editorial team and RCVS Knowledge staff to ensure the timely publication of papers
- Participate and support conferences and symposia
- To provide project support to other teams within RCVS Knowledge
- To provide secretariat support to the Scientific Committees for events held by RCVS Knowledge
- Other duties as required and commensurate with the post but not described above
The full job description detailing essential work experience is available to download from the ‘related documents’ box.
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 1 October 2018
Salary: £22,000 + excellent benefits
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Bridget, Managing Editor: email@example.com