- About us
- News & Events
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
- Quality Improvement
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
- Grants & Awards
- Support us
Work with us
The following position is available at RCVS Knowledge:
Archive and Digitisation Assistant
Part Time, 0.8 FTE (27 hours a week/4 days a week)
As part of the RCVS Vet History project to enhance access to RCVS Knowledge’s Historic Collection, the role of the Archive and Digitisation Assistant is to prepare archive and library material for digitisation, to scan using specialist equipment and upload the scanned image and metadata to the Digital Collections website (75% of work time). The role also involves working with colleagues to promote the project (25% of work time).
This role is ideally suited to a person currently undertaking, or about to start, a distance-learning postgraduate course in Archives Management.
- To prepare materials for digitisation with basic preservation and repackaging measures.
- To create digital images of material from the Historical Book Collection and archives using in-house scanning equipment.
- To use editing software to edit the scanned images to agreed specifications.
- To create relevant descriptions and metadata for the scanned images.
- To upload content to the Digital Collections website.
- To assist the Archivist in promotion of the project via Twitter, blogs, talks, displays and other outreach activities.
- Assisting with enquiries relating to the archives.
- Working with colleagues to identify material within the Historical Book Collection to prioritise for digitisation.
- To undertake and attend professional development events as required.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the objectives of the post.
The full job description detailing essential work experience is available to download from the ‘related documents’ box.
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 9 July 2018
Salary: £22,000 (pro rata) + excellent benefits
To apply please send your cv and a covering letter to Lorna, Archivist: firstname.lastname@example.org