- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine
RCVS Knowledge is committed to advancing the quality of veterinary care by providing veterinary professionals with access to high-quality evidence and offering support to implement evidence-based practice.
Our resources, tools and education support materials help veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality, evidence-based veterinary care to their patients. We do this through:
- Library and Information Service (LIS): the only comprehensive veterinary library available to all qualified veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses in the UK, providing access to a wide range of online and print resources, including search facilities through Discovery and VetMed Resource. Our LIS team can help you find the information you need to support your work in practice, research or further study.
- Veterinary Evidence: our grassroots online open access journal, publishing peer-reviewed Knowledge Summaries based on clinical queries that respond to specific information needs. We also publish content relating to evidence-based veterinary practice to enhance the quality of care provided to patients.
- inFOCUS: provides a journal watch of more than 100 journals and provides independent summaries to help busy veterinary professionals stay up to date with recent relevant publications with the potential to impact patient care.
- Learning resources: our EBVM for Practitioners, EBVM Toolkit, EBVM Learning II course, Farm Vet Champions course and additional resources provide easily accessible guidance for those looking to apply evidence-based principles to their work.
- EBVM Matters: a landmark publication featuring 15 major UK member organisations, vet schools and policy-making bodies who affirmed their commitment to evidence-based veterinary medicine.
You might also like
EBVM for Practitioners
A practical guide to using Evidence-based Veterinary Medicine (EBVM) for practising veterinary professionals
New EBVM Learning course
Six hours of free CPD providing a solid foundation in applying EBVM in practice, with new international content