- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
InFocus Clinical Support Lead
Sally qualified from Bristol University in 1981 and spent most of her working life in small animal practice, taking a particular interest in internal medicine and preventive healthcare. Throughout her time in practice she developed an interest in how the context in which we work affects the delivery of care to individual patients. This led Sally to undertake a Masters in Advanced Veterinary General Practice (University of Middlesex 2007) and a PhD into the factors affecting clinical decision making in the veterinary consultation (University of Nottingham 2011).
From September 2011 to April 2017 Sally worked as Head of Scientific Policy for the BSAVA providing support to the BSAVA Officers, volunteers, staff, and members, on a wide range of scientific and policy issues.
Sally has now returned to practice on a part time basis to allow time for writing and research.
She joined RCVS Knowledge in May2020 as InFocus Clinical Support Lead.
Declaration of interests
Relevant financial interests, eg shareholdings, bonds and derivatives
Appointments to other bodies
BVA - Member of Policy Committee
BSAVA Petsavers - Chair Petsavers Project Board
RCVS - Ethics review panel - Member
Membership of other veterinary or allied organisations
RCVS Knowledge – 2020- InFocus Clinical Support Lead
Vine Tree Vets (IVC Evidencia) 2017 – 2020 (still doing occasional locums) Veterinary Surgeon
BSAVA 2011-2017 – Head of Scientific Policy
Qualifications (other than veterinary qualifications listed in the Register)
BVSc- Bristol, MSc(VetGP) – Middlesex. PhD Nottingham
Interests relating to immediate family or close friends
Other relevant information
Supervisor and examiner for BSAVA Masters in Clinical Veterinary Research
Chair InFocus Clinical review team