- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
List of electronic resources
We provide access to a wide range of electronic resources available to use by all visitors to the library.
Library members have access from home or work PCs via Discovery (with the OpenAthens login).
Library members - if you have problems with accessing our resources via Discovery, you can access them directly from the publishers with your the OpenAthens login.
An A-Z list of our electronic journals can be downloaded here.
Databases for in-depth topic searches
- CAB Abstracts - covers veterinary sciences, agriculture, environment, food science and nutrition [Please note: it is only available to use in the library]
- VetMed Resource - contains key records on all aspects of veterinary medicine, CAB Reviews and the Animal Health and Production Compendium (AHPC)
Open access and free access resources
Literature searching workshops
We offer workshops on a one-to-one basis to show you how to use our range of electronic resources, searching techniques and how to construct searching strategies.
We can arrange to deliver the workshop online if you can't come into the library.
If you are interested in a literature searching workshop for your practice team please contact us at email@example.com to discuss options.