- About us
- COVID-19 Mythbusting
- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Mythbusting
- News & Events
- Quality Improvement
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
Grants & Awards
- Available grants & awards
- Previous grants & awards
- Other funders
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
- Support us
Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- Dr Liam Brierley MA (Cantab), MSc, PHD. MRC Skills Development Fellow Biostatistics
Listen to the podcast
- Baker, Rachel E., Wenchang Yang, Gabriel A. Vecchi, C. Jessica E. Metcalf, and Bryan T. Grenfell. ‘Susceptible Supply Limits the Role of Climate in the Early SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic’. Science, 18 May 2020. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.abc2535.
- Chan, K. H., J. S. Malik Peiris, S. Y. Lam, L. L. M. Poon, K. Y. Yuen, and W. H. Seto. ‘The Effects of Temperature and Relative Humidity on the Viability of the SARS Coronavirus’. Advances in Virology 2011 (2011): 734690. https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/734690.
- Kissler, Stephen M., Christine Tedijanto, Edward Goldstein, Yonatan H. Grad, and Marc Lipsitch. ‘Projecting the Transmission Dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 through the Postpandemic Period’. Science 368, no. 6493 (22 May 2020): 860–68. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.abb5793.
- O’Reilly, Kathleen M., Megan Auzenbergs, Yalda Jafari, Yang Liu, Stefan Flasche, and Rachel Lowe. ‘Effective Transmission across the Globe: The Role of Climate in COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies’. The Lancet Planetary Health 4, no. 5 (1 May 2020): e172. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2542-5196(20)30106-6.
- Jüni, Peter, Martina Rothenbühler, Pavlos Bobos, Kevin E. Thorpe, Bruno R. da Costa, David N. Fisman, Arthur S. Slutsky, and Dionne Gesink. ‘Impact of Climate and Public Health Interventions on the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Prospective Cohort Study’. CMAJ 192, no. 21 (25 May 2020): E566–73. https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.200920.
- Moriyama, Miyu, Walter J. Hugentobler, and Akiko Iwasaki. ‘Seasonality of Respiratory Viral Infections’. Annual Review of Virology, 20 March 2020. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-virology-012420-022445.
- Metelmann, Soeren, Karan Pattni, Liam Brierley, Lisa Cavalerie, Cyril Caminade, Marcus SC Blagrove, Joanne Turner, Kieran J. Sharkey, and Matthew Baylis. ‘Impact of Climatic, Demographic and Disease Control Factors on the Transmission Dynamics of COVID-19 in Large Cities Worldwide’. medRxiv, 17 July 2020, 2020.07.17.20155226. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.07.17.20155226.
- Ratnesar-Shumate, Shanna, Gregory Williams, Brian Green, Melissa Krause, Brian Holland, Stewart Wood, Jordan Bohannon, et al. ‘Simulated Sunlight Rapidly Inactivates SARS-CoV-2 on Surfaces’. The Journal of Infectious Diseases 222, no. 2 (29 June 2020): 214–22. https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/jiaa274