- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
What's on at Skills Day 2017: Quality Improvement in Practice
- Quality Improvement Project Launch
Join us as Dr Bradley Viner, the Chair of the Quality Improvement Advisory Board at RCVS Knowledge, explains why quality improvement (QI) is the next step forward in the continuous improvement of our practice and the care we provide.
RCVS Knowledge will officially launch its new e-learning platform, a free online resource accessible to all members of practice.
- How the NHS has embraced Quality Improvement
In February 2017 the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) launched a quality improvement initiative aimed at bringing QI techniques to primary care by engaging GPs across the country.
Dr William Taylor of the RCGP will explain the background of QI in the healthcare setting and share his experiences of implementing quality improvement in the NHS.
- Check, 1, 2. Making a Safer Patient Experience
The use of checklists in human medicine has made some major impacts on surgical fatalities and complications since the World Health Organisation launched the Surgical Safety Checklist in 2009.
Matt McMillan, veterinary anaesthetist from Queen’s Veterinary School Hospital, University of Cambridge will take us on a journey of his successes (and failures) when using checklists in an operating theatre ennvironment.
Each workshop will feature a hands-on activity where delegates can work together in small groups to develop their knowledge, followed by a group discussion of their findings.
- Clinical Audit
What is a clinical audit? Put simply, it is a way to monitor and assess clinical care so that you can identify trends in treatments and outcomes. Dr Bradley Viner, a pioneer of clinical audit in veterinary care, will take you through the basics and provide you with the tools to conduct a clinical audit in your own practice.
Evidence-based veterinary medicine is always at the forefront of providing the very best care for our patients. But how do we apply this consistently?
Katie Waine and Karlien Heyrman team up in this workshop to show you how you can, with a little research, use the best available evidence and shape it into a guideline that is clear, consistent and appropriate for cases in your practice.
- Significant Event Audit
Sometimes things go very well in practice, and others not well at all. The important thing to remember is that we are always learning.