- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
SfAM and RUMA - Best practice in the responsible use of medicines
Date: Tuesday 13th to Wednesday 14th July 2021
Back to event listing
The Society for Applied Microbiology (SfAM), and the Responsible Use of Medicines in Agriculture Alliance (RUMA) have teamed up to bring you a series of four free webinars over two days with representatives from across the livestock industry and academia to share best practice on the responsible use of medicines, as well as infection prevention, control and the latest medical innovations.
This event will be of interest to farmers, agriculture workers, veterinary practices, the animal medicines industry, farm assurance professionals, consumers, animal welfare experts and, of course, microbiologists!
Fiona Lovatt, Clinical Lead for Farm Vet Champions - 14 July 12:00-13:30
Innovations in Animal Health
Equipping our farmers and vets with the necessary tools and solutions to keep farm animals in good health ensures more sustainable and efficient farming practices. Innovations such as rapid diagnostics for early detection and new therapeutics for treating infections will support prompt and targeted animal health management and contribute to preventing disease and when necessary treating infections.
Hear from our Farm Vet Champions Clinical Lead talk about new CPD learning platform for vets and role of an antimicrobial resistance champion in mixed vet practices.
Register for free here: http://bit.ly/AMRChangeIsComing