- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Veterinary achievements in disease control
Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia
Parasitic mange (horses)
Rinderpest (cattle plague)
Bovine spongiform encephalopathy*
Bovine (and avian) tuberculosis*
Duck virus hepatitis
Fowl pest (fowl plague and Newcastle disease)
Influenza, avian and swine*
Subject to investigation
All the above diseases subject to State Legislation or intervention.
Additionally canine distemper has been (currently) virtually eradicated as a result of veterinary vaccination programmes and equine influenza is also well controlled by voluntary vaccination.
*diseases communicable to man
Compiled by Bruce Vivash Jones, Senior Vice Chairman of the Veterinary History Society, in July 2010, and reproduced with his permission.