- About us
- COVID-19 Mythbusting
- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Mythbusting
- News & Events
- Quality Improvement
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
Grants & Awards
- Available grants & awards
- Previous grants & awards
- Other funders
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
- Support us
EBVM tools & tutorials
EBVM tools and evidence-based practice tutorials
- EBVM Toolkit - produced by RCVS Knowledge
- EBVM Learning - an online EBVM tutorial written by veterinary educators and practitioners from the EBVM Network, and managed by RCVS Knowledge
- Journal Clubs - Join a journal club or start one in your practice
- for advice on how to set up and running a journal club in practice [PDF 2401 KB]
- for suggested materials and guidance on how to assess published papers
- PICO.vet - an online tutorial and PICO tool produced by Stuart Turner, providing guidance on building a focused clinical question
- Quality Improvement resources - guidance, examples and templates produced as part of the Quality Improvement Project in the areas of Clinical Audit, Significant Event Audit, benchmarking, guidelines and checklists
- PubMed for Nurses - an online tutorial produced the NLM, providing an introduction to PubMed for nurses.
- PubMed for Veterinarians - an online tutorial produced by Texas A&M University, supports users on best practices for effectively and efficiently searching for PubMed
- VeNom Codes - produced by the VeNom Coding Group, the codes are a list of terms that are used in veterinary practice and have been standardised across institutes to facilitate academic discussion, research and clinical auditing
More evidence-based practice tools & tutorials
- Evidence-based practice tutorial - this tutorial is intended for any health care practitioner or student who needs a basic introduction to the principles of evidenced-based practice from Duke University Medical Centre Library
- Critical Appraisal of Clinical Trials in Dermatology - from the University of Nottingham. This online course is intended for healthcare professionals and researchers working in dermatology
- CASP Checklists - critical appraisal tools produced by CASP UK, to be used when reading research papers
- Critical appraisal tools - developed by The Joanna Briggs Institute, to be used when reading research papers
- Systematic Review Toolbox - developed by Dr Chris Marshall, calatlogue of tools that support the systematic review process
- Quiz: How to critically evaluate evidence - 6 multiple choice questions by Jennifer Hamlin published in Clinicians Brief. Free registration required.