- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Podcasts, Books, Journals and References
- Badger, S. and Jeffery, A. (2017) Don't be afraid to ask the question: a simple guide for veterinary nurses to conducting evidence-based research in clinical practice. Veterinary Evidence, 2 (1)
- Mellanby, R. (2017) The Only Way Is Ethics? Undertaking Research as a Practice-Based Vet/RVN Veterinary Evidence, 2 (1)
- O'Dwyer, L. (2017) Challenges of EBVM as a RVN in a practice setting. Veterinary Evidence, 2 (1)
- Barker, J. (2016) Evidence-based practice for nurses & healthcare professionals. 3rd ed. London : Sage
- Hoffmann, T. (2013) Evidence-based practice across the health professionals. 2nd ed. London : Churchill Livingstone
- Greenhalgh, T. (2010) How to read a paper: the basics of evidence-based medicine. 4th ed. Oxford : Wiley-Blackwell
- De Brun, C. (2009) Searching skills toolkit: finding the evidence. Oxford : Wiley-Blackwell
Evidence based journals with nursing content
- ACP Journal Club - from the Annals of Internal Medicine
- Evidence-Based Nursing - from the British Medical Journal
- Evidence-Based Mental Health - from the British Medical Journal
- Evidence-Based Medicine - from the British Medical Journal
- Veterinary Evidence – from RCVS Knowledge
- Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing - from Wiley
- Belle, J. (2017) Eye on EBVM: Evaluating veterinary information. VN Times, 17 (9), p. 20
- Belle, J. (2017) Eye on EBVM: Finding veterinary information. VN Times, 17 (6), p. 6
- Belle, J. (2017) Eye on EBVM: Top tips on how to run a journal club. VN Times, 17 (3), p. 4
- Buckley, L. (2017) Critiquing research papers? Neigh bother, any RVN can do it! Veterinary Nursing Journal, 32 (4), pp. 115-117
- Macdonald, J., Buckley, L. and Mann, A. (2017) Evidence-based veterinary nursing - it's more sexy than you might think! Veterinary Nursing Journal, 32 (3), pp. 78-81
- Mann, A., (2017) Evidence-based veterinary medicine (EBVM) — how nurses can get involved The Veterinary Nurse, 8 (7) pp 353-357
- Yagi, K. (2016) Evidence-based medicine: its application for veterinary nurses. BSAVA Congress 2016 Proceedings, 7-10 April 2016, Birmingham, UK, p. 283
- Bloor, C. (2012) Literature searching and reviewing. The Veterinary Nurse, 3 (5), pp. 266, 272
- Clarke, P. (2012) Veterinary nursing research: types, importance and dissemination. The Veterinary Nurse, 3 (3), pp. 42-146
- Heayns, B. J. (2012) A practical guide to publishing research for veterinary nurses. The Veterinary Nurse, 3 (8), pp. 470-476
- Bloor, C. (2011) Research methodology for veterinary nurses. The Veterinary Nurse, 2 (6), pp. 288, 294
- Banks, D. (2010) Evidence-based practice in veterinary nursing. The Veterinary Nurse, 1 (3), pp. 136-139
Veterinary nursing content in Veterinary Evidence journal
- Buckley, L. A. (2019) Cats that get stressed when visiting the veterinary practice: can gabapentin help improve their welfare? Veterinary Evidence, 4 (4)
- Buckley, L. A. (2019) Is there any evidence to support the use of garlic as a wormer for dogs and cats in the UK? Veterinary Evidence, 4 (2)
- Mann, A. C. (2018) When preparing veterinary patients for surgery is the friction (back and forth) method of scrubbing the skin more effective than concentric circles at reducing bacterial levels on the skin? Veterinary Evidence, 3 (2)
- Buckley, L. A. (2018) Are pressure vests beneficial at reducing stress in anxious and fearful dogs? Veterinary Evidence, 3 (1)
- Buckley, L. A. (2017) Is alpha-casozepine efficacious at reducing anxiety in dogs? Veterinary Evidence, 2 (3)
- Buckley, L. A. (2017) Are dogs fed a kibble-based diet more likely to experience an episode of Gastric Dilatation Volvulus than dogs fed an alternative diet? Veterinary Evidence, 2 (2)
- Buckley, L. A. (2017) Are dogs that are fed from a raised bowl at an increased risk of gastric dilation volvulus compared with floor-fed dogs? Veterinary Evidence, 2 (1)
- Buckley, L. A. (2016) Are dogs that eat quickly more likely to develop a gastric (+/- volvulus) than dogs that eat slowly? Veterinary Evidence, 1 (4)
- Mann, A. C. (2016) In small animal surgery are alcoholic hand rubs superior to scrubbing brushes and antimicrobial soap at reducing bacterial counts? Veterinary Evidence, 1 (4)