- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Empowering RVNs: Becoming the quality improvement ambassador in your practice
Date: Saturday 14th May 2022
Opening times: 12.00pm - 12.45pm
Venue: ICC Wales, Newport
Stream A: Empowered RVNs: Becoming the Quality Improvement ambassador in your practice
In this session, we will discuss how nurses can become Quality Improvement ambassadors to improve clinical standards, patient safety and communication in practice. QI benefits the team, patient care, clients, and the business as a whole. So, as a nurse, how do you take the steps to become the driving force for positive change?
Lesley Moore, RVN
Lesley qualified as a RVN in 2013 at Middlesex University. She has worked in referral, general practice and dedicated out of hours having been a Principal Nurse Manager at Vets Now for 6 years. Lesley's interest in quality improvement began at Vets Now and in 2019 her team won the RCVS QI Knowledge Award for an audit on emergency anaesthesia. In November 2021, Lesley became the Quality Improvement Co-ordinator for IVC Evidensia, keeping a small nursing role at Vets Now. In addition, she is currently studying for a Post Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Education at the RVC.
The SPVS VMG Congress is delighted to be able to return to Newport for 2022, and for the first time will be at the fantastic new ICC Wales. This state-of-the-art conference venue is located in the grounds of Celtic Manor, Newport.