- About us
- News & Events
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
- Quality Improvement
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
- Support us
A reference list of systematic reviews on canine dermatology is available on VetSRev - the database of veterinary systematic reviews produced by the Centre for Evidence-Based veterinary Medicine (accessed 9/3/2016).
A selection of journal references - online full-text available to library members
A list of additional references from a search on Cab Abstracts database is available to download from the 'Related documents' box.
- Paterson, S. (2015) Treatment options in atopic dermatitis in dogs and cats - evidence-based decisions. Companion Animal, 20 (6), pp. 324-332
- Santoro, Domenico ... et al. (2015) Review: pathogenesis of canine atopic dermatitis: skin barrier and host-micro-organism interaction. Veterinay Dermatology, 26, 84-e25
- Canine atopic dermatitis: diagnosis and management [CPD article] (2014). The Veterinary Nurse, 4(10), pp. 594-601
- Craig, Mark (2009) Canine skin disease - using the right shampoo. Veterinary Nursing Journal, 24(5), pp. 39-45
You can download the A-Z list of electronic journals available to library members from the 'Related documents' box, or view them online. Twelve months Library membership for vets and veterinary nurses is £115 and £45 respectively.
Open access and free access resources
- Forsythe, Peter (2016) A practical approach to canine dermatology - a case based discussion (webinar 1 hr 33 min, accessed 7/3/2016)
- DeBoer, Douglas (2015) EBM in action: practice guidelines for treatment of canine atopic dermatitis. Presentation made at the 1st International EBVM Network Conference (recorded presentation 21 min, accessed 7/3/2016)
- Navarro, C. ... et al. (2015) Voluntary acceptance and consumption of two oral ciclosporin formulations in dogs: two randomised, controlled studies. Irish Veterinary Journal, 68 (3) (accessed 9/3/2016
- Hensel, Patrick ... et al. (2015) Canine atopic dermatitis: detailed guidelines for diagnosis and allergen identification. European Journal of Companion Animal Practice, 25 (4), pp. 4-18 (accessed 7/3/2016)
- Plant, Jon (2012) Management of canine demodicosis. Banfield Journal, 8 (2), pp. 7 - 16 (accessed 9/3/2016)
- Shearer, Patrick (2012) Critically appraised topic: treating canine generalized demodicosis (accessed 9/3/2016)
Check our list of open access and free access veterinary resources.
Books from the library
- Noli, Chiara; Foster, Aiden and Rosenkrantz (eds) (2014) Veterinary allergy. Oxford: Wiley Blackwell
- Koch, Sandra N.; Torres, Sheila M.F. and Plumb, Donald C. (2012) Canine and feline dermatology drug handbook. Oxford: Wiley Blackwell
- Miller, William H.; Griffin, Craig, E. and Campbell, Karen L. (eds) (2013) Muller & Kirk's small animal dermatology. St Louis, Missouri: Elsevier Mosby
- Briggs, Martin (2012) Small animal dermatology. Magaliessig, South Africa: VetMed
More books on canine dermatology available to borrow from the Library.
Postal loan is one of many services that the RCVS Knowledge Library provides if you can't visit the Library. All visitors to the Library are welcome to make use our on-site resources, services and facilities.