- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Are you interested in working for a fast-paced and thriving charity? Would you relish the challenge to contribute to improving the care animals receive across the UK? Are you an experienced developer with knowledge of online learning environments?
The new PHP Developer will be responsible for the development of several knowledge and education resources, working closely with the Software Developer to ensure we deliver first-class content to our audiences to a high standard, on time and on budget.
This role is varied, busy and at the heart of our work aimed at supporting the dissemination of evidence-based medicine in veterinary practice. You’ll be supporting support thousands of dedicated veterinary teams to continuously improve the quality of care they deliver, for the millions of animals in their care.
We’re looking for a proactive team player, with a positive ‘can-do’ approach, who is excited by the prospects of supporting others and working with a committed team in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be joining a small, passionate and hard-working team in a supportive and collaborative environment.
If this sounds interesting, then RCVS Knowledge could be the place for you.
Our mission as a charity is to advance the quality of veterinary care for the benefit of animals, the public, and society. We champion the use of evidence-based veterinary medicine in veterinary practice, and we provide practical tools, resources, and education to the veterinary professions.
We are the charity partner of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
We offer an impressive range of benefits, including flexible working, 25 days holiday, volunteering days, a wellbeing allowance and a generous pension. We were also recently named a Top-50 Great Place to Work for five years running.
- Strong PHP experience
- Able to use PHP without relying on common PHP frameworks (i.e. without Symphony/Laravel etc..)Strong SQL (postgres or MySQL)
- HTML5, CSS SCSS and bootstrap
- Comfortable with git and GitHub
- Comfortable navigating Linux command line environments on servers via SSH
- Comfortable with webserver configuration and management (Nginx)
- Knowledge of AWS systems: EC2 and Route 53
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- Ability to challenge the status-quo tactfully, and put in place systems and processes to deliver improvement
Find out more and apply here.
We are considering applications as they come in, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier for the right candidate. So get your application in soon!