- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Head of Communications and Digital
Do you want to raise the profile of a fast-growing, respected charity? Would you relish the challenge to enhance a set of valued online services? Keen to help improve the care animals receive?
RCVS Knowledge could be the place for you. Our mission is to advance the quality of veterinary care for the benefit of animals, the public, and society.
We support thousands of vets and their teams to deliver high-quality evidence-based veterinary medicine to millions of animals, by providing them with cutting-edge veterinary research, practical resources and unique historical archives. We are the charity partner of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
We are in an exciting period of growth. Our expanding resources are highly regarded by our current audience, but there is always more we can do to enhance our profile and our digital services.
We’re looking for a dynamic, flexible and multi-skilled professional, who is excited by the prospects of drawing on a range of communications and digital skills every day and leading a talented and committed team in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an impressive range of benefits, including flexible working, 25 days holiday, volunteering days, a wellbeing allowance and a generous pension. We were also recently named a Top-50 Great Place to Work for five years running.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please review the Job Description at the link below, then submit your CV, a covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the role and the completed exercise described below by midnight on Sunday 7th February.
Please note interviews will be held in early February.
Head of Communications and Digital – Application exercise
Imagine you have prepared a communications plan to promote a new online course, and on the day of launch you discover that the course website isn’t working. Please outline how you would handle this situation. Bear in mind that you are responsible for promotion and digital delivery of the platform. You manage a team including a copywriter, a senior communications officer, a software developer and a digital designer.