- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- How do Face Coverings work?
- What evidence supports use of face coverings?
- How and when to wear a face covering
- Do ferrets and other mustelids pose a zoonotic risk for COVID-19?
- Mink and COVID-19: The Denmark mutation
- What advice should we give owners of ferrets during COVID-19?
- How can we offer a cat friendly environment during COVID-19?
- How should we handle a ferret in the practice or rescue environment?
Farm Vet Champions Project Manager
Lucy is the Project Manager for the Farm Vet Champions. Farm Vet Champions is a collaborative project between RCVS Knowledge and the Veterinary Medicines Directorate to unite and empower UK farm animal practitioners as they establish responsible antimicrobial stewardship practices and promote prudent antimicrobial use on farms. Lucy will lead phase 2 of the project which will continue to champion antimicrobial stewardship and allow practitioners to track their individual and practice progress.
Lucy qualified as a veterinary surgeon in 2011 and has a PhD in veterinary epidemiology exploring the behavioural drivers for antimicrobial use in UK pig practice. She has worked at the University of Liverpool, the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, Defra and the pig levy board in the areas of antimicrobial resistance, disease surveillance and animal health. Lucy has a background in research, policy and project management in the area of antimicrobial use and resistance in livestock.
At RCVS Knowledge Lucy is responsible for ongoing work and projects relating to antimicrobial stewardship for companion animal, equine and livestock.
Outside of work Lucy is a year round open water swimmer and is an active member of her local triathlon club.
Declaration of interests
Relevant financial interests, eg shareholdings, bonds and derivatives
Appointments to other bodies
University of Liverpool - Honorary Research Associate
Membership of other veterinary or allied organisations
British Veterinary Association Member
Practice, Locum veterinary work, University, government (Defra and VMD), AHDB Pork (pig levy board)
Qualifications (other than veterinary qualifications listed in the Register)
Interests relating to immediate family or close friends
Other relevant information
Previously received funding (£200) to contribute to a lecture for the Farm Vet Champions for RCVS Knowledge.