- About us
- COVID-19 Mythbusting
- Should the kennel cough vaccine be given during COVID-19?
- Can cats transfer COVID-19 to other animals, and is there a risk of zoonosis
- What's the difference between FCoV and COVID-19?
- What can we clean a patient with, and will this kill COVID-19?
- Does ultraviolet light actually kill COVID-19?
- Will good weather affect infection rates of COVID-19?
- When should we test an animal for COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Mythbusting
- News & Events
- Quality Improvement
- Access our electronic resources
- Our resources
- Join the Library
- Our services
- Access the Library catalogue
- Keeping up with your PDP and CPD
- Frequently asked questions
- Pay an invoice
Grants & Awards
- Available grants & awards
- Previous grants & awards
- Other funders
- Historical Collection
- Highlights of the collections
- Genealogical research
- The history of the RCVS
- History of the veterinary profession
- Historical Collections blog
- Your donations create a lasting legacy
- Useful links
- Support us
Chris is the Executive Director of RCVS Knowledge, which aims to support the advancement of veterinary medicine for the benefit of society. RCVS Knowledge works to promote, encourage and advance veterinary medicine through developing practical tools, based on the latest evidence, to support improved animal health and welfare. The RCVS Knowledge also leads on the advancement of knowledge sharing more widely through its library services and is the custodian of over 500 years of veterinary history though its archive collections.
Chris began his career as a microbiologist working on a clinical hygiene monitoring system to measure hygiene standards in hospital wards.
Having left the laboratory, a move to the Department of Health saw him co-develop the Showcase Hospitals Programme. The programme led on the evaluation and adoption of new technologies and protocols that improved hospital infection control and reduced hospital acquired infections in seven hospitals around the country.
Later, at the Health Protection Agency, Chris managed investigations into microbiology testing within hospital laboratories leading to improved clinical standards and offering re-testing where appropriate.
In his previous role as Assistant Director of Clinical Innovation and Research at the Royal College of General Practitioners, Chris led on the development of tools and resources which were instrumental in the reduction of inappropriate antibiotic prescribing in General Practice. Chris also led on the development of Patient Online, a programme which allowed all GP patients access to a range of services online, booking appointments, ordering repeat prescriptions and viewing their medical record.
E firstname.lastname@example.org T 020 7202 0714
Declaration of interests
Relevant financial interests, eg shareholdings, bonds and derivatives
Appointments to other bodies
Membership of other veterinary or allied organisations
Qualifications (other than veterinary qualifications listed in the Register)
Interests relating to immediate family or close friends
Other relevant information