It’s always helpful to see just what your support can achieve.
Every donation, no matter how small, can make a big difference to animal health and veterinary education, both in the UK and around the world.
From 2005 - 2010 the RCVS Knowledge has invested over £2.7 million in innovative and high calibre projects across a wide range of species and disease areas in the UK and overseas.
As a result, the RCVS Knowledge has:
- Invested nearly £900,000 in improving the health and well-being of dogs, cats and other popular household pets.
- Funded over £600,000 worth of projects benefiting cattle and other farm animals.
- Awarded grants of nearly £300,000 to improve the welfare of horses.
- Backed studies and initiatives aimed at improving the emotional and welfare needs of veterinarians, totalling £190,000.
- Devoted over £100,000 to research relating to zoonotic diseases and work which leads to a greater understanding of human health issues.
- Given £10,000 to fund special equipment for assessing lameness in dogs, cats and horses.
Below are some examples of what your money could buy:
- £75 would buy a latest textbook for the Library.
- £100 would repair and preserve a rare ancient text.
- £500 could fund a valued EMS grant for an undergraduate to explore research methods.
- £1,000 could send a UK vet to use their skills in the developing world with a travel grant.
- £5,000 could be a major contribution to the Library space refurbishment.
- £20,000 would fund a Blue Sky Research project in one of the major UK vet schools.