CALLISTO (Companion Animal multisectoriaL interprofessionaL and interdisciplinary Think tank on zoonoses) has just published a 200-page report, a compilation of the work of seven Expert Advisory Groups during 2012. This strategy report is available to download from the CALLISTO website.
Open access reports:
- A call for global monitoring of infectious diseases in dogs and cats - Day, M.J., Breitschwerdt, E., Cleaveland, S., Karkare, U., Khanna, C., Kirpensteijn, J., Kuiken, T., Lappin, M.R., McQuiston, J., Mumford, E., Myers, T., Palatnik-de-Sousa, C.B., Rubin, C., Takashima, G. and Thiermann, A. (2012) Surveillance of zoonotic infectious disease transmitted by small companion animals. Emerging Infectious Diseases, [online report] 18 (12). Available from: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/18/12/12-0664_article.htm [accessed 7 May 2013]
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (2011) Zoonoses report UK 2011 [online] Available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/zoonoses-report-uk-2011 [accessed 7 May 2013]
A selection of references is available from our 'Related documents' box.
In the Library, we have the following publications:
- MacPherson, C.N.L., Meslin, Francois X. and Wandeler, Alexander [eds] (2000) Dogs, zoonoses and public health. Wallingford: CABI Publishing
- Rabinowitz, Peter M. and Conti, Lisa A.  Human-animal medicine: clinical approaches to zoonoses, toxicants, and other shared health risks. Maryland Heights, Missouri: Saunders Elsevier
- Palmer, Stephen R., Soulsby, E.J.L. and Simpson, David I. H. (1998) Zoonoses: biology, clinical practice, and public health control. Oxford: University Press