The Bat Conservation Trust have produced a 2013 update of Bat care guidelines: a guide to bat care for rehabiliators aimed at veterinary professions. (Access requires registration)
The guidelines were originally produced through funding from the BVA Animal Welfare Foundation, RCVS Charitable Trust and RSPCA.
Other useful references
Open access reports:
- Fenton, M. Brock (2013) A perspective on bats (Chiroptera). Koedoe - African Protected Area Conservation and Science, North America, 55, Mar 2013 [online] Available at http://www.koedoe.co.za/index.php/koedoe/article/view/1140 [accessed 20 May 2013]
A selection of references is available from our 'Related documents' box.
In the Library, we have the following publications:
- Meredith, Anna L. and Keeble, Emma J. (2011) Wildlife medicine & rehabilitation. London: Manson Publishing Ltd
- Stocker, Les (2005) Practical wildlife care. Second ed. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing Ltd
- Williams, Elizabeth S. and Barker, Ian K. [eds] (2001) Infectious diseases of wild mammals. Third ed. London: Manson Publishing Ltd
- Fowler, Murray E. and Miller, R. Eric (2008) Zoo and wild animal medicine: current therapy. Volume 6. Missouri: Saunders Elsevier