To mark the Food Safety Week 2013 (10-16 June) and the recent stories in the news about our meat, we have gathered together references on quality assurance, food labelling and the safety of our meat.
A selection of references is available from our 'Related documents' box.
In the Library, we have the following publications:
- Grist, A. (2008) Bovine meat inspection: anatomy, physiology and disease conditions. Nottingham: Nottingham University Press
- Buncic, S. (2006) Integrated food safety and veterinary public health. Oxford: CABI
- Torrence, M. E. and Isaacson, R. E. (2003) Microbial food safety in animal agriculture: current topics. Iowa: Iowa State Press
- Grist, A. (2006) Ovine meat inspection: anatomy, physiology and disease conditions Nottingham: Nottingham University Press
- Journals: British Poultry Science, Journal of Dairy Research, Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, UK Vet Livestock