Pet obesity is a growing problem. In March 2014, the Pet Food Manufacturers' Association produced a report "Pet obesity: five years on" [accessed 8 July 2014] a follow-up from the release "Pet obesity: the reality in 2009" [accessed 8 July 2014]
WSAVA Global Nutrition Committee - Nutrition Toolkit [last accessed 19/12/2016]
WSAVA Global Nutrition Guidelines [PDF 846 KB, last accessed 19/12/2016]
1. Sandoe, P. ... et al. (2014) Canine and feline obesity: a One Health perspective. Veterinary Record, 175(24), pp. 610-616
2. Linder, D. and Mueller, M. (2014) Pet obesity management: beyond nutrition. (Special issue: clinical nutrition). Veterinary clinics of North America, 44(4), pp. 789-806
3. Chandler, M. (2014) Obesity in companion animals. Part two - prevention methods. Veterinary times, 44(24), pp. 21-23
4. Chandler, M. (2014) Obesity in companion animals. Part one - appetite and satiety. Veterinary times, 44(23), pp. 216-219
5. Fallman, R., Stavisky, J. and Dean, R. (2014). Feline obesity prevalence and associated risk factors in six rescue shelters in the United Kingdom. BSAVA Congress 2014, Birmingham, UK, 3-4 April.
More references from our search in the CAB Abstracts database are available to download from our 'Related documents' box.