Nearly 250 delegates from 15 countries attended the 1st International EBVM Network Conference (EBVM 2014) which ran from 23-24 October at the Beaumont Estate in Windsor, UK. The event was the first official meeting of the EBVM Network and featured more than 50 talks on evidence-based veterinary practice.
The conference was focussed on developing collaborations between professionals in practice, industry, not-for-profit organisations and academia, in order to make more evidence-based tools and resources available to front-line practitioners.
The conference programme included talks on extracting useful information from practices’ electronic medical records, evidence-based guidelines to treat atopic dermatitis and for CPR, as well as presentations on specific clinical topics covered by systematic reviews.
We made some exciting announcements at EBVM 2014:
- The launching of Veterinary Evidence - the EBVM Network journal
- Target Grants 2, funding the development of short courses in EBVM skills
- EBVM Network Grants, available in early 2015, funding projects that advance evidence-based practice
More information on EBVM 2014
- View the conference programme
- Watch a short video of the conference
- View the conference session recordings
- View the conference posters
- Find out about the EBVM Network and join the Network
- View the conference website
What did the delegates and speakers report back from the conference?
- To see how the conference unfolded on social media, take a look at our Storify
- Brennen McKenzie, Adobe Animal Hospital (USA) - posted on 26 October
- David Ramey, Ramey Equine (USA) - posted on 30 October
- Small Animal Veterinary Surveillance Network (SAVSNET) (UK) - posted on 5 November
- Veterinary Prescriber (UK) - posted on 9 November
- VetCompass (UK) - posted on 11 November